Found at Lincoln and George

You know, I’ve long since come to grips with the knowledge that I will never have a job/career that allows me to rake in mad scads of cash. So this isn’t about jealousy and more about functionality: who keeps 22 grand in their checking account?

I also like how there are a bunch of question marks for “current balance.” Like the ATM was able to calculate how much he/she could take out presently, but this person has so much friggin’ money in an account not made for such things that it was running into a problem placing a decimal point.

6 comments for “Found at Lincoln and George

1. September 26, 2007 at 12:38 pm

Oh, thanks for finding that. I was looking for it.Can you drop it off at the Bentley dealer on Rush? I’ll be by there later today.

2. September 26, 2007 at 6:35 pm

It wasn’t signed with a wax seal bearing the words “Lord Michael Fourcher Esq.” so that’s why I didn’t immediately connect it with you. My bad.

3. Kerry
    September 27, 2007 at 8:25 pm

I’ve actually printed out a whole batch of these. I like to conspicuously drop them when I’m hanging out at coffee shops and restaurants so people will find them and think I’m a big shot.

4. September 28, 2007 at 5:35 pm

Ditto what Kerry said, but who doesn’t already know that I am a big shot?

5. September 28, 2007 at 10:23 pm

and they only took out TWO hundred dollars? why not go for the max four hundred? these are the people who when they are going to pay for something with a five spot, have to riffle through 5 or 7 twenties to get to the lowly five.

6. November 8, 2007 at 11:46 am

Haha, this reminds me of an idea I had when I was young to make money selling crap to morons I used to see at the clubs I’d DJ at. The idea was to fabricate high-balance ATM receipts to use as ‘casual scraps of paper’ for writing your phone number down. Essentially, it’d be fake ATM receipts you’d keep in your wallet. Then when you’re at the club you can be all baller and give your number to a lady, being all “oh hey – lemme nonchalantly jot down my digits for you on this random piece of paper I have in my wallet or pocket that may accidentally be disclosing my 6-figure account balance”.